Singapore, Pontian, Tanjung Piai & Kukup...
________________________________________________________________
Small Talk: David Cook grabbed the title of American Idol 2008. I'm kinda surprised because I thought David A. would have won since Simon Cowell said that it was a"knock-out" performance during the previous night... Ah well... there'll always be upsets... :) Anyhow, I still think that David A. has better vocals than David C..... __________________________________________________________________________________
Ok... So where was I the past few days.. Besides "drowning" at work..Over the long weekend, I was in about four different places... Yup.. you heard me right.. :P f-o-u-r...
And so, we had one person who drove down all the way from Penang... Met up with the rest of the 3 people in KL, and then they drove down in one car to Melaka, then stayed over at our house.. took our car, and drove all the way down to JB the next day, left Jason's car in Jusco(car documents was with his dad, so just in case can't go in to Spore), and then the 4 of them came in to Spore close to about 2pm. Upon arrival, brought them to Orchard Road to jalan-jalan (taking a stroll), and went for lunch at Spageddies. Yummy... We took a stroll down Orchard Road, then brought them to Clarke Quay... we had some drinks and tit-bits (nachos were so feeling).. then stopped by ECP to let them see the fake-water-ski.. :P .. We were stuck at the customs for about half an hour.. then we went to get Jason's car at Jusco, and head on to Pontian.. Eric hijacked my camera battery, thus, I have no pics of us in Spore.. Have to wait for the full cd compilation of all the pics from everyone's camera. :)
We finally reached Pontian Hotel at about 1am. *phew*.
The next morning, all of us skipped the hotel breakfast. Couldn't wake up on time.. So we went to take drive around Pontian town, and ended ourselves in a mamak shop. I missed the roti canai.. hehehe... Next on, we moved on to Tanjung Piai... the Southern Most Tip of Mainland Asia... It's basically a mangrove forest.. and it's one of Johor's National Parks...We saw nothing much except lots of wild monkeys and were rather frightened by it, cause they looked pretty aggressive...But reaching towards the tip, it was soooo windy.. Alas.. some wind.. it was so hot and humid along the way.. That I was sweating tremendously... Finally, when we reached the tip of it.. Took another round of pics.. and we went on to this jetty... Jason was busy taking pics of mud-skipppers.. hahaha... And at the end of the jetty, there's this arrow pointing to various places of the world.. with the distance included...kinda cool.... but what got me frustrated was the harsh sun lighting.. rather difficult to take pics.. :)
Next, we moved on to Kukup.. well... after the hoo-haa here and there.. I can't say I find this place really interesting except for the fact that it's a water village.. all houses here are built on stilts, above the sea...And I think I've tasted better seafood than here too.. Anyways, we enjoyed our late lunch... crabs were quite good.. but I think the ones I ate at Jumbo or Tebrau City was much nicer... What I loved was the fresh coconuts.. what a thirst quencher! We didn't go to Kukup Island.. The last boat was at 4pm, and we reached at about 3.30pm.. Besides, many was not interested to go guess because of the heat and tiredness...
We came back at about 6.30pm, Nes was so eager to get a massage, she went to the massage parlour straight away. Yup, the hotel provide Thai massages by real Thai masseur. We both took the massage & spa, which is supposed to be 2 hrs long, for RM99, but because we are hotel guests, we get RM5 off, so it's RM94. Quite worth it I guess. 2 hours! The guys, Jason & Eric took the normal massage, for 1.5 hours, for RM65. Not bad right? It was really a good massage, and most of us fell asleep during the massage... After that, we went down to the mamak just next to the hotel for our late dinner cum supper. I had a craving for maggi goreng... (Spore's maggi goreng is totally horrible!, and not to mention, expensive too!) and when Jason finished his massage, I had him order sup kambing (mutton soup) to share with me.. :) Yes, I was craving for that too! We sat, watched footie, chat, and went back to the hotel at about 12 something, and watched our pics in the room till about 1.30am.
Next morning, we finally had our breakfast (free one, came together with the room) at the hotel... Nothing to boast about, but just nice to fill our tummies... After that, we headed on back home, Nick & Eric drove Jason's car back to Melaka, and Kev & Nes drove us in to Spore, and dropped us at Jurong East MRT station to go home.. I'm not sure if Nick drove back to Penang on that very same day..
It was truly a hectic road trip for us.. Mind you.. From Spore/JB to Pontian takes about an hour drive.. And we were all dragging our feet to work the next day... And today, I'm on MC.. delayed tiredness.. Was down with fever yesterday... :) Getting better, mainly due to a sore throat... Now, getting flu pulak.... Alamak...
But God has been gracious to all of us.. Keeping us safe and "warm" (hot is more like the word for it :P) throughout the whole journey... And we truly want to thank Him, also for the bonding sessions we had.. after a long, long, long while... errrmm.. ever since last year? *wink*
More pics in Multiply.
Posted in: chit chat, food, friends, Happenings, travel on 22 May 2008 at at 11:07 am



HAH! you took MC after all :P FYI, I was on MC on the same day as well... but mine was due to back pain, thanks to the drive up and down x_x
you blog makes me realll hungry... all ive got here are just home bake cookies... :(
i want to come home to eat!
eric: Yes, I took MC because I was having fever.. :P and it's because of sorethroat.. and because of lack of water.. or because was dehydrating.. it was really humid and hot! u can't do long roadtrips la with your back now... worse than an old uncle.. :P
sam: hey sam! how's things? yeah.. so when is the next time u guys will be back in Msia? Come down to Spore, and i can bring u to have some yummy food.. :)